The Carnival Pride recently began the first of her year round sailings out of Baltimore and I was lucky enough to find myself onboard! I loved every minute of the cruise, and I will be soon posting a full review on this blog and our new facebook page. But for now, let me take a minute to share with you my favorite things.
1.The Staff: Everyone I encountered was so friendly; from the agent that checked me in at the terminal, to the waiters, cabin stewards, and every crew member I passed throughout the ship!
2. The Dining Experience: This is a “fun” ship and that includes dinner in the Normandie Restaurant. The food, songs, dances and antics of the wait staff made each evening something to look forward to.
3. The Florentine Lounge: In the evening, when the golden sheers were lowered to cover the windows, and the candelabra lighting cast its soft glow, this Italian Renaissance room was magical. What a romantic spot for a pre-dinner drink.
4. Cabin Amenities: Every stateroom has complimentary bathrobes for use during your cruise and the bathroom has a basket of toiletry items you may have forgotten to pack…such as a ladies razor. How thoughtful!
5. The Desserts: There was always an amazing selection of yummy bakery treats both at the Mermaid Grill and the Normandie Dining Room. However, it was wonderful to know that if desired, my favorite, the warm chocolate melting cake with vanilla ice cream was ALWAYS on the dinner menu!
6. The Carnival Singers and Dancers: The shows were energetic, colorful and the special effects amazing. What a talented group of performers!
7. Sunset Gardens: Hidden away on deck 3 forward this area is an unknown gem to many. A quiet area set up with bistro style tables and great views, it’s a great place to catch up on email, read a book, or sip a cup of coffee.
8. Wireless Internet: There is wireless connection throughout the entire ship! If you must bring work with you or just prefer to always be in touch with the outside world, find your own favorite spot onboard and you’re set.
9. Lots of Deck Chairs: There’s an abundance of brand new lounges! Even on our full sailing, there was never a need to scout out a spot at 7am. Find one close to the pool action or a peaceful spot away from everyone else!
10. Day Time Activities: Kudos to the cruise director & staff for realizing that not everyone wants to lay out in the sun from dawn to dusk. There were many activities for all age groups scheduled throughout the day.
I can go on and on about what impressed me about this ship and the Carnival experience, but instead, why don’t you experience it for yourself. The Carnival Pride offers six, seven, and eight day cruises that visit a variety of exciting ports.