Hosted by Dan Hanrahan, President & CEO of Celebrity Cruises, the event was attended by approximately 100 invited guests from the press, selected members of Celebrity's "Captains Club" and representatatives from some of Celebrity's top travel agency partners. Also in attendance were Dondra Ritzenthaler, Senior Vice President of Sales for Celebrity Cruises and Richard Fain, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD, the parent company of Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises and Royal Caribbean International.
In addition to unveiling a new modified logo / "tag line" ("Designed For You"), Mr. Hanrahan previewed a new 4-minute brand video that was very well-received by all in attendance. But, the announcement that clearly drew the most cheers was the "Solsticizing" of Celebrity's Millennium-class ships, beginning with the Constellation in April of this year. Through this multi-million dollar initiative, Celebrity Cruises will provide these ships with many of the same features and amenities found on its award-winning Solstice-class ships. Below are just some of the enhancements that will be introduced on the Millennium Class ships:
- More opportunities to enjoy Celebrity's world-class cuisine with the addition of Tuscan Grille, the Napa Valley-meets-Italian-steakhouse venue found on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox.
- Bistro on Five, the vibrant, popular creperie introduced on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox.
- A Solstice Class-inspired, ice-topped Martini Bar paired with Crush, whose ice-filled table presents a selection of chilled, top-tier vodkas.
- The cool Cafe al Bacio and Gelateria, replacing the former Cova Cafe.
- As introduced on the Solstice Class, an Enomatic wine bar, the state-of-the-art, Italian designed wine serving system allowing guests to select and serve, at the touch of a button, the wines of their choice by the glass.
- More sumptuous suites, on a par with those in the most modern hotels in Europe, with all new furniture, flat-screen TVs, upholstery, bedding and carpeting.
- Restyled staterooms, with entirely new carpeting, flat-screen TVs, upholstery and bedding.
- New color schemes, carpeting and upholstery reflective of Solstice Class in every public venue, from the Celebrity Theater to Seaside Grill, from the main dining room to Michael's Club.
To help celebrate Celebrity's 20th anniversary, Celebrity Cruises and Direct Line Cruises are offering special reduced rates, up to $300* in FREE onboard credits, 50% reduced deposits plus FREE travel insurance on select sailings. This promotion applies to select sailings booked between 1/12 - 1/31/10. For complete details of this promotion, CLICK HERE.