The Very Important Fun Person Club! That’s the new name of Carnival Cruise Line’s revamped Loyalty Program. But there’s a bigger change then just the name. Like another cruise line did about a year ago, Carnival will now base the tiers of the new program on the number of cruise days sailed rather than the number of cruises. Cruisers receive 1 VIFP point per cruise night. On a 7 night cruise, you earn 7 points, an 8 night cruise, 8 points and so on. So, what do your points get you?
Benefits for ""Blue"" VIFP members (0 points, first-time with Carnival):
Members-only offers and the Member eNewsLetter.
Benefits for ""Red"" VIFP members (on your 2nd cruise with Carnival, 1 to 24 points):
A complimentary beverage at ""Punchliner Comedy Brunch"" (in Main Dining Rooms).
Benefits for ""Gold"" VIFP members (25-74 points):
· All of the above plus an invitation to the Gold-Platinum-Diamond VIFP cocktail party (available on 5+ day sailings, with free drinks and appetizers.
· A Gold VIFP pin (given to you upon entry into the Gold level).
Benefits for ""Platinum"" VIFP members (75-199 points):
· All of the above plus the ""Chocolate Delight"" surprise of 4 chocolate-dipped Carnival strawberries (delivered in the cabin, on 5+ day sailings).
· Priority check-in, tender boarding (ship to shore only), embarkation and debarkation, Priority Spa reservations and priority line at Guest Services desk.
· Collectible ship- and year-specific pins.
· A Carnival logo-gift on each sailing.
· Casino benefits (for guests 18+) - buy one get one free tournament entry.
· Complimentary arcade play credit (valued $5, for guests under 18).
· Complimentary laundry services (wash and fold service, 2 bags on 3-5 day sailings, 3 bags on 7+ days).
Benefits for ""Diamond"" VIFP members (200+ points):
· All of the above plus guaranteed reservations for specialty restaurants and in the main dining rooms.
· One time complimentary dinner for 2 at a Specialty Restaurant on board.
· A special invitation from the captain (with free drinks).
· One time free cabin upgrade (or 3rd and 4th guests cruise for free).
· Unlimited complimentary laundry services.
· VIFP Club luggage tag and a passport holder
· Dedicated toll free cruise number for sales and services
· One time $100 contribution to the St Jude Research Hospital.
Additionally, the line rolled out a program called Milestone Cruise Rewards. VIFP members sailing on their 25th, 50th, and 75th cruise will receive a shipboard credit equal to 25%, 50% or 75% of their cruise fare, respectively, for that voyage. On a member’s 100th voyage they will receive a complimentary Carnival cruise to Caribbean, Alaska or Mexico Riviera (up to 8 days in length)."