Maiden voyage: October 29, 2015
Home Port: Miami, Florida
The Escape is a Breakaway Plus-class ship, meaning that she includes all of the revolutionary features of the Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, and then some! This ship is the ultimate family-friendly ship. Some feature to look for include:
- The largest ropes course at sea, a three-story maze of challenges including two planks and five zip lines!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Mini golf.
- The largest Aqua Park at sea and feature four multi-story water slides, a dedicated Kids’ Aqua Park, two pools and four hot tubs.
- Nickelodeon branded entertainment returns including SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star and Dora the Explorer, among other favorite Nickelodeon characters.
- Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville” restaurant and the “5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar”
- The Waterfront and 678 Ocean Place, an oceanfront boardwalk lined with restaurants, bars and shops, combined with three expansive, flowing decks of dining, bars, and entertainment.
Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas
Maiden voyage: April 22, 2015
Home Port: Southampton, England and Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Anthem is the second ships in the Royal Caribbean Quantum family so you can count once again on seeing all the same revolutionary features you loved on the Quantum!
- RipCord, a skydiving simulator that lets you soar in a safe, controlled environment.
- North Star the capsule that ascends over 300 feet above sea level offering breathtaking 360° views of the sea.
- Bumper cars, roller-skating, basketball and other activities at the SeaPlex, an indoor activity center.
- The return of the Dynamic Dining concept that gives guests 18 different dining options and the flexibility they demand!
- Your favorite DreamWorks characters from Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon
- “We Will Rock You”, based on the music of Queen, will be the Broadway show available on the Anthem
Maiden voyage: April 11, 2015
The Star is the first ocean cruise ship operated by Viking, the river cruise giant. She is a small ship; 48,000 tons carrying 928-passengers. Some things that set this ship apart from the competition:
- Every port-intensive itinerary will begin and end with overnights in port, and none will have more than one sea.
- One complimentary shore excursion in each port.
- Complimentary beer and wine.
- Complimentary Internet access.
- A beautiful glass-backed infinity pool.
- The main dining room will have floor-to-ceiling windows that can slide open to provide al fresco dining.