Latitudes Rewards allows members earn points four ways. It’s nice to see that the new system rewards the client that that books high-priced accommodations and cruises longer in length. On the other hand, guests that are more conscious of cabin cost can earn additional points simply by booking early or using a specific promo code. Points are earned as follows:
- 1 cruise night = 1 point
- 1 cruise night in a suite or villa = 1 additional point per night
- 1 cruise night on a sailing booked 9 months or more prior to sailing = 1 additional point per night
- 1 cruise night on a sailing booked with monthly Latitudes Insider Offer promo code = 1 additional point per night
So what does achieving loyalty status get you?
- All members receive special offers for onboard credits for up to $250 on select sailings; priority check-in; a complimentary subscription to the Latitudes Rewards online magazine; access to an onboard customer service representative; a ship-specific lapel pin; and an invitation to a members-only cocktail reception. In addition they receive a 10 percent discount at the Duty Free Shop, free art when attending an art auction and discounts on Internet packages.
- Silver members and above also receive nightly in-cabin chocolates and a discount off photos and spa treatments on port days.
- Gold members and above receive priority disembarkation and tender tickets, a fruit basket, and an invitation to an exclusive onboard gathering with ship officers.
- Platinum members receive chocolate-covered strawberries on the first evening onboard, concierge service, complimentary dinner and wine in LeBistro, free laundry service, complimentary “Behind the Scenes” tour, and sparkling wine in cabin.